Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ekta is a very bold filmmaker: Sunny Leone

She's certainly 'raised some bars'. No pun intended. But ask her about meeting great (s)expectations and Sunny Leone doesn't want to unveil anything, not just yet. "Keep your fingers crossed", she says to Madhureeta Mukherjee, while discussing bold cinema, the adult entertainment industry and (un)censored masala in B-town. Read on...

Your debut was acclaimed, but as far as hotness-quotient goes, some felt it was a bit of a downer...

Well, maybe people compared this film with my earlier films and expected more bold scenes. You gotta draw the line somewhere when it comes to Bollywood — there are censor limitations and different sensitivities out there. But hopefully, if my fans are lucky, we'll raise the bar next time.

Is it true you asked for your co-stars' medical certificates?
In the work-culture I come from, we're tested every 3 weeks and if these tests are not negative, we're not allowed to work. That's just how it works back in the West... In USA, the adult entertainment industry is extremely organised. Every adult entertainer is on a database — on record. You can't just shoot films wherever you feel like, there are areas allocated for the purpose. Safety comes first.

Do you see adult entertainment making its way to India as a mainstream business?

Not at all! Even though people here have been watching adult entertainment since centuries, I don't see it coming to India as an organised business.

Are you going to push the envelope further with Ragini MMS 2?

I think Ekta is a very bold filmmaker. I watched The Dirty Picture and was mesmerised. I just got a full narration of the story. I think some scenes in the film are going to leave the entire country shell-shocked!

Sherlyn Chopra says you might be an adult entertainer, but you aren't the 'ultimate fantasy'...

I don't know how to react to that, but I have seen her photo shoot for the adult magazine. That magazine is mainstream in USA, and it's good to be on its cover. Even I haven't been on that cover yet, so great going! Maybe she can sign me a copy.

Who are the hottest female and male stars in Bollywood?

I love the way Vidya Balan carries herself. And as for the men, I think all of them must be working out 30 hours a day; they're all so well-built and beefy.

You recently said you want to work with Salman, but you know, he doesn't even kiss on screen...
Who doesn't want to work with Salman? It's okay if he doesn't kiss, I'll give him a high-five or something.

For exclusive interviews, B-town parties, events and news, watch B Tonite from Mon - Fri at 10pm, only on zoOm - India's No.1 Entertainment channel.